Monday, June 1, 2009

The Sun Feast Bangalore 5 K run

So there i was right @ the entrance to gate 10, waiting for my friend. the crowd was enormous, it was like a swarm of bees awaiting nectar of life.

my friend called me at about 5 minutes to 9. the Majja run was about to start. After procrastinating for about 5 minutes i hid my bag in the bushes. (didnt want to carry it with me) :)

We were like cattle being herded (thats how it felt as we went up the ramps towards the top bunks of the stadium.)

As I hit the tar surface the realism of the run dawned on me, and off i went running hard towards the exit (away from the crowd), managed to run about 1.5 km when my lungs felt like bursting, kidneys start paining & my liver wanted to jump out of my body.

Slowed down considerably then but i still managed to reach the 3 K mark, after which my legs gave up and my body started exuding too much sweat to cool me off..

A regular supply of water and watching some chicks running ahead kept me motivated for those 3 kms that i ran.

after that i started walking, (by this time most people in the crowd were walking too), so i walked with them 2 Kms right till the finish line.

One thing i realized is that I am not quite motivated by running as there is no reward @ the end.

I think that this will be my first and last marathon due to the above reason. the experience was worthwhile though.

Afterwards me and my friend went to Pecos and had a good hearty breakfast + Beer.

Spent 6 hours in coma after i reached home!!, cheers it was good fun.

End of Post
-----------


No comments: